Baby in a Gazebo Cake !

Thursday, June 25, 2015


Last Sunday was a dear friend's baby shower and I had the onus of making her shower cake. Yeah!


My friend's having a little girl and whenever there is a baby girl involved, I find it very difficult not to deck the cake with flowers.



But I wanted a change and so this time I decided to do something I haven't done before - a gazebo made using Royal Icing.


A little Gazebo that is just the right size for a little sleeping princess.


The piping of the gazebo panels itself was quite simple. The challenging part was to stop worrying about it collapsing even before assembling it. The assembly process was a little clumsy, but it would have helped if I had finished reading the instructions. The side panels were a breeze, the roof was the challenge. But all's well that ends well.


Hope you liked the cake. Let us know what you think!

2 comments

  1. Such a pretty cake. I liked the idea of baby sleeping on tummy. They look so cute and so do the baby in your cake with the head band. Loved the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tejaswini. I love lil babies on their tummies too. They are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete